Monday, February 22, 2010

The Beginning of My Adventure

Hi, I'm Jian. I've been a fan of Lego Mindstorm™ since I got my first set in October 2009. I would like to build a project to showcase a concept that I have been developing in my mind.

Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Mapping Software like Google Maps are becoming easily available. Most cars these days come GPS navigation as standard in the car. The GPS system tells the driver how to navigate his/her vehicle from point A to B. It seems to me that the next leap will be for the GPS to give instructions on navigation to a Robotic car.

To demonstrate how this could be done, I have chosen to develop this project using Mindstorm, Blender and Google Maps. Over the next few months, I am going to plan and design my concept, build a virtual model and a prototype. I hope that my posts on my journey will be interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment