Sunday, April 4, 2010

Modeling D.R.i.V.e For Blender

For the 3-D project, I decided to model my lego robot in blender. So to make things easier I went online to find a software that could create my model using lego pieces and then exporting that to Blender. I then found LDraw and LeoCad which could do exactly that. But these software didn't have some NXT parts (The Electric Components)There is a website that specializes in Lego called PhiloHome that has unofficial parts of the NXT for LDraw.

After downloading,I extracted the folder into the Parts folder of the software and then started constructing my car. After finishing contructing, I then started colouring my model. I coloured my model according to the original NXT set. I then saved it and reopened it in LeoCad which I then exported to a .3ds which is a 3D Studio Max format.







I imported the .3ds file to Blender and because the motors, sensors and brick where not coloured, I had to take matters into my own hands and manually coloured them, I then animated the wheel movement.



No comments:

Post a Comment